Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jason's Weekly Musical Round Up

For some reason lately I have been listening to either really sad sack singer/songwriter stuff or that screamy rock and roll the kids like so damn much. No in between. In that spirit this week I am giving much love to my current favorite artists in these respective genres:





Diane Cluck. I love, love, love her. She's got one of those voices that you either love or hate, I think but she is a brilliant, brilliant song writer. I've been listening to all of her records on repeat for like a week. Check her out.



Brainiac. An oldie but a goodie. It surprises me how many people still have never heard this band. I mean, this song is from 1994 for Christ's sake! But it's a testament to this band's genius that if you close your eyes, ignore their fashion and the by-the-numbers 90s video and just listen to the song it sounds like it could be some new hot shit from some hip-as-fuck Brooklyn band that Pitchfork is losing their shit over. Do yourself a favor and check out "Hissing Prigs In Static Couture" if you haven't already. You're only 15 years behind. Jeez. I am STILL pumping this record. Sadly, due to a car crash, the lead singer of this band was killed in 1997 so they are no more.

No comments: