Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too Beautiful To Live



The Seattle "paper" The Stranger ran a feature on the radio show "Too Beautiful To Live" (TBTL for short) a few months ago but as per usual I slept on it. I stumbled upon the show last week while hibernating in my room and I gotta say I'm addicted. The show is hosted by Luke Burbank (who used to sub for Peter Sagel on NPR's "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me") and Jen Andrews with input from their sound guy Sean De Tore. The show is basically 3 hours of 3 people in a studio doing random shit. Like tomorrow they are making prison recipes that involve canned mackeral and cheez-its, last night they interviewed a former showgirl about creating a TBTL dance, etc. I have no idea how they were able to con the people at KIRO Radio at giving them their own show but I'm sure glad they did.

If you are lucky enough to live in Seattle you can listen on that thing collecting dust on your shelf called a "FM Radio" (KIRO FM 97.3) and if you aren't feeling that or live really far away (Molly, I am looking in your direction, you would love this show)....you can listen to episodes/podcast it at their blog which is also good for some random videos and "web gems" (as they call them).

VIVA LA TBTL!

http://www.mynorthwest.com/tbtl

Do yourself a favor and click on this link and listen to the segment called "Broke As A Joke In Seattle". It's funny cause it's true.

No comments: