
Hey, Kids!
Welcome to the first installment of "Good Clean Fun With Pastor Rick". Pastor Rick? That's ME!
I decided to do this column after one fateful day when the PC in my Parrish crashed and I needed to borrow my teenage son's laptop. Oh, boy! Was it ever a nightmare?! Some kid named "420Heaven" magically messaged "me", asking me how my genitals were positioned and addressing me as if I were an African American during slave times. I was appalled! But like a good parent I played along. I replied "I am fine, negro man. How are you?". One thing lead to another and before I knew it I was in a chat room dedicated to improper spelling (from what I could gather). Boy, kids these days sure are animals! They throw around words like "f#ck" (but with a "u" where the "#" is! Do the math, guys!) and "faggot". Now, in my day we didn't talk like that! I mean, we hated gay people but at least we kept it private.
So I've decided to give the young people of today something positive to read on this internet deal. This column first started over at "churchrocks.com" but readership was a bit sluggish. It seems as though I was "preaching" to the "converted". LOL! I learned that from the street trash kids in that chat room. L means "laughing" and the O and L stand for "out loud". Pretty clever. At least the kids taught me something useful.
So I hope future installments of GCFWPR inspire the young people of America to do something POSITIVE. I want to try and get my words of hope and morality out to people like my (now estranged) son. People who use words to hurt others.
This blog popped up first in a google search of "making fun of people" so I lobbied the Friends of Julius guys to give me a column and here I am.
I am out of time for this week but next time I will really get into why you shouldn't make fun of people and how words can hurt.
Thanks, gang!
-Pastor Rick
"Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!"
- I Peter 1:6
No comments:
Post a Comment