My friend Ellen made me aware of this:
Of all of the hogwash that comes from Sarah Palin's mouth, her anti-birth control stance ranks right up there with the most alarming of her "positions."
I heard about a lovely gift I could give Sarah to let her know how I feel while simultaneously doing to world a bit of good. I donated to Planned Parenthood in her honor. She'll receive a nice postcard that lets her know that a donation in support reproductive rights and sex education has been made in her honor.
Here's how it works:
1. Go to Planned Parenthood, Donate, then Honorary Donations
2. Fill in good ole Sarah's name and the address of the McCain/Palin headquarters:
McCain for President
1235 S. Clark Street
1st Floor
Arlington, VA 22202
3. Make a donation.
4. Hit send.
5. Feel awesome!!
Even just $5 donation gets the card sent to McCain's headquarters. So consider doing this now!! Whoever had this idea rocks, as far as I'm concerned. I forwarded this on to friends and family yesterday and have seriously gotten about 20 "thanks for the idea, I just donated" responses - hooray!
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment