
SUNSET RUBDOWN EDITION.
OK. I fucking love the shit out of this band. When their forthcoming album, "Dragonslayer" leaked earlier this week I practically jizzed in my pants. Since then I have listened to the record at least a dozen times and while I will admit it's a bit of a slow burner (no radio friendly jams to be sure), it might rank up high on many "albums of the year" lists come December. 10 minute long songs about girls named Anna and fighting dragons might not be for everybody but anybody who likes their music complex and awesome with a side of pop (lead singer Spencer Krug is 1/2 of the songwriting duo that makes up Wolf Parade) then be sure to listen to "Dragonslayer" when it officially drops next month. Below is a little sample, my favorite song off the record so far, "You Go On Ahead". If it isn't your thing for the first couple of minutes aren't enough to grab you, skip ahead to around the 4 minute mark and marvel in the brilliant pop bliss that is the last 2 minutes of this song. Seriously, it's probably the song of the year.
As an added bonus, here's a video of the band doing a really early version of the song from "Black Cab Sessions":
No comments:
Post a Comment